Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tilda Playing in Leaves




Hello everyone and Happy World Card Making Day! :) My card today is my submission to the Tilda & Company Challenge blog . Our challenge this week was a sketch challenge. I inked up my new Tilda stamp (from Magnolia stamps) with Memento black ink and stamped her onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored the image in with my copics and added some glitter from my Sakura Glitter Pen to the leaves. I cut the scallops using my nestabilities. I sponged Pumpkin Pie ink around the image.

Next, I created my card base, which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2, out of SU's Chocolate Chip. I layered Pumpkin Pie on top of that followed by my designer paper from Basic Grey. I used SU's Ticket Corner punch on the corners and placed brownish-orangeish rhinestones in the corners. I added a ribbon from M's dollar bin and Primas to the card. I used my nestabilities to cut out the tag and stamped my greeting (from The Stampin Place) onto the tag. In the picture, my ribbon was twisted funny and is covering up part of the greeting. I'm so sorry about this, I didn't notice this when I was taking the picture. In real life, the bow does not cover the greeting :) The greeting says "Autumn Greetings."

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a lovely weekend. More tomorrow.

Hugs, Christine :)

9 comments:

Danni said...

Very cute! Love the use of the nestiblities and the colors you used. I never would've thought to add the stardust pen to the leaves, fun touch!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Christine what another adorable card. Loving the cute tilda image! Hugs Linda x

Unknown said...

TOO cute christine! and yes you should SO switch over to tack n peel - i friggin love it!! you can check it out for yourself when i come over next weekend :)

Rach said...

brilliant, love the colours that you have used. your image is so sweet playing in the leaves. hugs rachxx

marsha said...

Cute card! I love your colors and background paper.

Blessings,
Marsha

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is so sweet love everything about it
Hugs jacqui x

Monica said...

Very cute!!!

Jeanette said...

Christine! this card is outstanding! I have never really wanted this particular Tilda....till now! You have really done a great job! Hugs Jeanette

Annie said...

I love this Tilda stamp, and really should use her more often. love the warm autumn colours you used for the card. hugs, annie x

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company