Friday, October 10, 2008

Charlotte's Christmas Tree



Hello everyone and TGIF! :) I'm so excited that the week is almost over. Tomorrow I have some friends coming over and we're going to stamp the day away :) I'm also taking a mini vacation from work (not really going anywhere, but I'm in desperate need of a break :) ) so I will be getting a five day weekend. Yay! :)

For my card today, I had to ink up my new Charlotte stamp from Whiff of Joy. I inked the stamp up with Memento black ink and stamped it twice onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored the first image with my copics. I then colored just Charlotte from the second image with copics, cut her out, and attached her to the first image with dimensionals to pop her out. I added Gold Stickles to the star, red stickles to the garland, and Glossy Accents and Diamond Stickles to the ornaments. I also used my Sakura glitter pen to put some glitter on the holly in Charlotte's hair. I mounted the image onto SU's Rose Red cardstock.

Next, I created my card base out of SU's Always Artichoke (my card base measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2). I layered Rose Red on top of that. My designer paper is from DCWV's Christmas stack. For some finishing touches, I added ribbon (from Michael's dollar bin), Primas, and a MS pearl.

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow.

Hugs, Christine :)

7 comments:

Danni said...

This is so neat! I love how you raised her up, it gives it such a neat effect! Wonderful!

Unknown said...

oh that is wonderful!! glad you are going to get to take a break!! looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!!

Annie said...

love all the sparkle on this card and how you mounted the little girl so she's popped out! fabulous! hugs, annie x

Rach said...

gorgeous, love how you have popped Charlotte, she looks fabulous.xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hallo Christine.
this card is really really beautiful.
love the subtle pink you choosed - it is wonderful to look at.

hugs
claudi

Gina Lindsay said...

Beautiful! I love the way you raised Charlotte. I think I am going to have to get some of those stamps.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hello Christine,
i hope you had a wonderful weekend.
thank you for your sweet comment on my card
hugs
claudia

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company