Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tilda and Edwin Searching for Santa




Hello everyone! Whew! My card today is certainly a labor of love. I decided to do another Try a New Technique Challenge over on Splitcoast. Our challenge this week was to create a Stair Step Fold card. I had so much fun with this new technique. I just kept adding and adding to the card :) This card literally took me at least three hours yesterday (crazy, huh?!?!) :)

I first made the card base (which is SU's Night of Navy) using the instructions found on Splitcoast. I also adhered my designer paper (from DCWV's Christmas stack) onto the base. Next, I stamped the house (from Magnolia stamps) onto Georgia Pacific cardstock using Memento black ink. I colored the house in with my copics. Next, I inked the edges in blue ink (from Memories Direct). I then mounted the image onto SU's Brocade Blue followed by Elegant Eggplant. I then used a cuttlebug die to cut out the corners around the image. I placed blue rhinestones from M's for added bling. I added the image panel to the card base using dimensionals.

Next, I stamped the Santa flying over the moon image (also from Magnolia stamps) and I colored it with my copics. I used my nestabilities to cut out the cirlce and scallop circle (which is SU's So Saffron). I inked around the image in yellow ink (from Memories Direct). I then adhered the circles to the main image using dimensionals.

I then stamped Tilda and Edwin (also from Magnolia stamps), colored them in with copics, and cut them out. I added Diamond Stickles to their wings, my Sakura glitter pen to the light coming from the lanterns, Gold Stickles to the star on Edwin's pants, and Red Stickles to the heart on Tilda's boot. I adhered them both to the card base using dimensionals.

For the front panel, I adhered a navy blue ribbon from M's dollar bin, Primas, and Purple rhinestones. The sentiment is from Verve and I cut it out using my new tag nestabilities.

I would really love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow!

Hugs, Christine :)

9 comments:

Ila said...

Everything about this card is Amazing!! and so Fabulous!! love your coloring and the way you put this altogether!!..Hugs, Ila

stampingtink said...

Adorable! This looks like great fun! Love the images and the moon is to die for! Great job!

Danni said...

Oh my! This is absolutely stunning!! What a wonderful creation!!
You rock!! Wow!

Monica said...

WOW!! That is just gorgeous! I love it! I'm going to have to try this technique!

Rach said...

oh wow Christine this is wonderful, you can see all the hard work that has gone into this wonderful creation..well done.xx

Annie said...

Fabulous card! and so much work, but so worth it for the finished result. hugs, annie x

Jeanette said...

If you could see me, my jaw just dropped. This is STUNNING! A real masterpiece! Hugs Jeanette

Rachel said...

this is very very cute!!!

Unknown said...

**squeal** OMG i love this one!!!!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company