Saturday, October 18, 2008

Swashbucklin Day



Hello everyone and happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a great start. My card today is a card I made for my nephew's birthday. We are getting together this afternoon to celebrate and I wanted a cute card to give to him. I had so much fun with this card. The map was my favorite part :)

I first stamped the map, from High Hopes Rubber Stamps, with Memento black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I then colored it in with copics. After I colored it in, I tore around the edges, then crinkled it up so it would look like a very old and weathered treasure map. I then inked around the inside of the map with SU's Close to Cocoa ink and then I inked around the torn edges with SU's Chocolate Chip ink. I then wound twine (also from SU) around the map. Next, I stamped the little pirate guy, from The Cat's Pajama's, onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored him in with copics. I then used my nestabilities to cut him out. I layered him onto SU's Real Red followed by Basic Black.

My card base, which measures 5 1/4 by 5 1/4, is SU's Chocolate Chip. I layered Basic Black on top of that followed by Real Red. I stamped the skull and cross bones (also from The Cat's Pajama's) on the Real Red cardstock for my background. The sentiment (also from The Cat's Pajamas) was stamped onto a tag made from my new tag nesties. The ribbon is SU's Real Red.

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow :)

Hugs, Christine :)

7 comments:

Linda w said...

I love the way you use color on your creations. Each card is such a beautiful piece of art work.

Danni said...

This is adorable! Wish I would've had something like this a few years ago when we had a pirate birthday for my son!!
Great job!

Rach said...

the colours on this one is gorgeous, love the map. A fantastic card. Hugs Rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just the cutest little pirate card, iI love it and I bet your little nephew will too.
Hugs jacqui x

Jeanette said...

you did such a great job on this card. I love how you did the map! Enjoy the rest of your week-end! Hugs Jeanette

Suzanne J Dean said...

So, so cute! A great, fun "boy" card for sure!

hugz,
Suzanne

Annie said...

well shiver me timbers! what a fabulous card that any little pirate would love! hugs, annie x

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company