Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thanksgiving Wishes






Good afternoon everyone,

Well, sadly, today is the last day of my vacation and it's back to work tomorrow. I've had a really nice time off, but I'm sad to see it end.

I was in a Thanksgiving mood today so I went kinda crazy with my new Storage Units Ink and More (SUInk)stamps. I used two sets in my projects today: Bountiful Harvest and Giving Thanks.

First, I created my card, which is my submission for today's Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoast. I stamped the image with Memento ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored her in with my copics. I used all SU cardstock (More Mustard and Ruby Red). I used SU's ticket corner punch on the corners and placed rhinestones in each corner. I used my nestabilities to cut out the image and scallops. My designer paper is from DCWV's Fall stack. For a finishing touch, I added Primas and a glittery orange Making Memories brad.

Next, I created my two boxy bags, which were designed by Jody Morrow (TexasJodyLynn). You can find the directions on her blog here. I stamped the pilgrims with Memento ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock, colored them both in with copics, and cut them out. I put Glossy Accents onto the apples in the girl's basket to make them shine. I used my nesties to cut out the scalloped circles and placed rhinestones around the scallops. I adhered the pilgrims to the nesties using dimensionals. I used my new tag nesties to punch out the tag and stamped the sentiment onto that. I also placed a SU Pumpkin Pie brad in the hole of the tag. The ribbon is from Michael's dollar bin. I placed baggies of candy corn inside the boxes (okay, I'll admit it, I ate my way through about half a bag of candy corn today :) I love that stuff LOL).

I hope you enjoy my Thanksgiving projects. I would love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow.

Hugs, Christine

9 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

Those are SO cute!

Danni said...

Wonderful!!! So cute and fun!! Great job!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Love 'em all! Super cute & great job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Rach said...

love all of these creations that you have made, way cute. hugs rachxx

CraftyC said...

They are all totally fab Christine, love them!
Clairex

Unknown said...

holy smokes you have been having fun on your vacation huh?? SO glad you have spent so much time playing and these projects are just too stinkin cute too!!!!!! well done!!

Ila said...

Wow!! These are all just the Cutest!! your card is Gorgeous and I love the boxy bags!!..yum..now I want some candy corn too.....Hugs, Ila

Annie said...

I do love the warm glowing colours of autumn as long as the sun is shining! love the little gift bags and the card too. hugs, annie x

MJ said...

What stunning colors! These are fabulous. Great coloring.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company