Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #7



Hello everyone and Happy Tuesday! :) Today marks another Try it Out Tuesday Challenge over at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design's Store Blog, Follow Your Heart. Our challenge this week was to use three embellishments from Susana's Store. I decided to use this gorgeous fairy stamp, Willow for my main image. I stamped her onto PTI cardstock and colored her with copics. I used Silver Geo-Shaped Sparklersin the center of the flowers. These sparlers really shine and you get so many in one package. I love them :) Next, I sponged SU's Bashful Blue ink around the image. I next created my card base out of SU's Chocolate Chip. I layered Bashful Blue on top of that followed by my design paper from DCWV's Garden Party (this is new and is absolutely gorgeous!!). I then used my SU ticket corner punch along the corners and added Tiger Eye Pearlsto each corner. I added a blue ribbon (from Michael's) and a Blue Moon Ribbon Charm to finish it off. What do you think? Make sure to check out the store Blog to see what the other amazing DT members have come up with this week. We'd love for you to join in these challenges. If you decide to join and upload your images to SCS and/or PCP, just make sure to include TIOT7 in the keywords section.

I'd love to hear what you think of my card. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow :)

Hugs, Christine :)

20 comments:

Anki said...

Stunning card! Tons of hugs - Anki

Susana M said...

Love the image and the colors are fab what can I say love the blues and the little geo in the flowers sure make it pop!!! Also great layout :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Jamie Martin said...

Oh so pretty, love the shimmer of the wings.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my goodness - what a stunning beauty you have created. Love the ribbon with the charm...such a nice touch to an already awesome image. You really rocked the challenge today, girl!

Rach said...

wow a fab card what a stunning fairy, love the shimmer on her wings.xx

Suzanne J Dean said...

Super elegant & pretty! Just beautiful & love all the embellies! Great job!

hugz,
Suzanne

cats whiskers said...

Wow this is just stunning, I wish I could find the time to ink up my lovely stamps from Susana, I have too much on at the moment but you really give me inspiration everytime I visit
Hugs Jacqui x

Monica said...

Oh My!! This card is GORGEOUS!! I love everything about it! Fabulous job Christine!

Lynn Put said...

Christine your card for the challenge is excellent! I like the brown and blue color combo and the fairy is beautiful!

Christyne said...

WOW! Stunning! TFS.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card! That fairy image is fabulous.

marsha said...

Christine, this is a truly awesome card. Willow is colored beautifully and I love the geo and the shimmery wings!

B said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Christina, Love your blog and the card you posted today. Beautiful

Lyn S said...

Pretty and elegant! Stunning card Christine!

Aud said...

Your card is stunning and just gorgeous!♥♥♥ Love it!
Hugs,
Aud
xxx

Silly Skittles said...

Hi Christine!!! I heard you haven't been feeling too well! I miss your posts and hearing from you! I hope that you feel better soon!!! *HUGS*

Virginia Killmore said...

The blue is wonderful with the fairy

Kathi said...

Gorgeous card. Wow. Blue & brown are such a perfect color combination!

The image is wonderful and colored perfectly. I love her shimmery wings.

Cathy said...

This is really beautiful!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company