Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #6 - Anything But a Card




Hello everyone and Happy Tuesday!! :) Today marks another challenge over at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design store blog, Follow Your Heart. Our challenge today was to create anything but a card. I decided to make this little Round Top Box (you can find directions on Splitcoast under today's Try a New Technique Challenge). First, I made my box out of SU's Rose Red cardstock. I layered Night of Navy on top of that followed by my design paper from DCWV's Once Upon a Time stack. Next, I stamped this adorable new Anki's Sweetheart stamp, Alicia the Fairy. Isn't she sweet? :) Remember, these stamps are available exclusively at Susana's Store so make sure to check them out. They are all adorable :)

I stamped Alicia with Memento black ink onto PTI cardstock and colored her in with copics. I added lots of stickles to her wings and the flowers on her dress. I then cut her out using my circle nestabilities. The sentiment is computer generated. For a finishing touch, I added some blue Primas and a Making Memories brad. I then filled the box with candy and wrapped it up with a navy blue bow. What do you think?

We'd love to have you join in on these weekly challenges. If you decide to join in this week, make sure to put tiot6 in the keyword section on Splitcoast and/or PCP so we can all see. Make sure to stop by the Follow Your Heart blog to see the other creations from Susana's wonderful design team.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think of my project. I'll be back tomorrow with another project.

Lots of Hugs, Christine :)

20 comments:

Unknown said...

great job! love that image - she is my fave anki i think. nice job on that box too!

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hi hun this is gorgeous love the image and the great colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Lyn S said...

How sweet! The fairy has the most gorgeous wings!

stampingtink said...

What a beautiful job! You do the faeries and princesses so well! I love the colors and the box is just beautiful! Beautiful coloring and you know I love that little bit of glitz!

Christyne said...

Great job on the challenge! I think I'll be trying my hand at one of these adorable boxes this week.

Susana M said...

Hi Christine she is stunning and a great job on the wings and the coloring of the little bird so cuteee :o) Love the box idea!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Anki said...

Great job and love the box my friend. Kramis - Anki

Danni said...

Beautiful box! You did a great job!

CraftyC said...

this is gorgeous Christine and I loove Alicia!
Clairex

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great minds think alike---I made the same box, lol! Beautiful fairy, great coloring and love the embellies!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jamie Martin said...

Very cute, great job on the challenge.

Cathy said...

This is really cute!!

Annie said...

she is a sweetie on the box of sweeties! gorgeous creation. hugs, annie x

Kathi said...

That's truly lovely.

You've got some big talent! I love everything you create!

B said...

So cool! Love it!

Rach said...

a fab box, your image is so sweet and is beautifully coloured.xx

Jeanette said...

Fantastic project! Love it and that image is too cute! I am so happy for Anki!Have a great day and thanks for the inspiration! Hugs Jeanette

Lynn Put said...

Christine this is darling! We must have been thinking the same way because I had this exact image colored and cut out to use on this same box but I couldn't get my printer to print off the pattern so I made something different.
You did a great job on this!

Classroomfree said...

Really sweet :o)

Virginia Killmore said...

how cute the fairy is adorable!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company