Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happily Ever After






Hello everyone and Happy Thursday :) Wow, it has been a crazy day here. We've had 60-65 mph wind gusts all day long. Lots of power lines, street signs, etc. down, but luckily, knock on wood, our subdivision is okay so far. Hope everyone's week is going well.

My card today is my submission to this week's challenge over at High Hopes. Our challenge this week was a sketch challenge. If you've been by my blog before, you know how I love my fairy tales, so I decided to go all out and make a multi-character fairy tale scene with my card. First, I stamped the Rock Wall using Memento Black Ink onto PTI cardstock and colored it in with copics. I then stamped it again onto a post-it note, cut it out, ans used that as a mask so that I could stamp the Castle behind it. I then colored the castle with copics. Next, I stamped the castle two more times, colored each piece with copics, then cut them out and added them to the original castle with dimensionals for some added pop. Next, I stamped the Princess, Knight, and Fairy Princess, cut them out, and added lots of Stickles :) I adhered everything to the card base with dimensionals for added pop.

All cardstock is Stampin Up (Night of Navy and Bravo Burgundy). The design paper is from DCWV's Once Upon a Time stack. The ribbon is from Michael's and the charm is a Blue Moon Heart Charm from Susana's store (these are gorgeous, you get a great variety in one pack). I also added Gold Geo Shaped Sparklers to the princess's crown.

What do you think? I'm sorry for so many pictures, but I wanted to be able to show all the dimension on the card. This one was certainly a labor of love :)

A couple more things and then I'm done (finally) :) Susana, of Susana's Custom Art and Card Design just announced some super exciting news. Elisabeth Bell, the fantastic illustrator who has illustrated stamps for Whiff of Joy and Sugar Nellie stamps, is going to be designing stamps exclusively for Susana's store. Check out Elisabeth's Blog for details. Also, tomorrow, Susana's design team will be unveiling a brand new illustrator who will be designing a line of stamps exclusively for Susana's store. Make sure to check back tomorrow for that. Finally, Marti, of Pez-A-Doodle Designs is having a huge sale, so make sure to check that out.

Okay, whew, I'm finally finished :) Thanks for reading this far :) See you back here tomorrow.

Hugs, Christine

16 comments:

Suzanne J Dean said...

Wonderful Christine! You created a beautifully detailed scene--what a fun card for someone.

hugz,
Suzanne

Jackie said...

Christine wow!!! Can I please come over and play? I can't believe I am so close to you and suzanne and I haven't met you guys yet.
I love this card...It is so adorable.
Hugs,

B said...

Oh how cute! Love how you popped out the fairy!

Monica said...

Holy Cow!! What a wonderful piece of work!

Scrap-Happy Mama said...

Very sweet card. So well done

Kathi said...

I so love your castle scenes and this one is phenomenal. You do such wonderfully detailed work.

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Oh là là, quel travail sur cette carte !!!!!

Annie said...

what a beautiful fairy tale scene you have created with all the different stamps - wonderful! hugs, annie x

Lyn S said...

Just gorgeous Christine! Love all the layers and dimension of the images!

Hope your weather has settled too!

Blog Master E said...

Your card is amazing, I love the dimension and details.

Danni said...

Wow!! This is truly a masterpiece! Wow! Totally gorgeous!

Jeanette said...

Wow! this is just stunning Christine! It is really a masterpiece! Hugs Jeanette

stampingtink said...

How much fun is this? One of my favorite cards you've done! I want to fly just like this little cutie! I love how you put these scenes together! And your coloring is just beautiful!

Candy said...

Hi Christine,
This is an amazing card!!! You went to a ton of work and someone is going to treasure this card forever!!! Love all the dimenson you have put in it.

Cathy said...

This is so cute!! I love it!!

Virginia Killmore said...

Another great card!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company