Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just for You

Hello everyone and Happy Saturday! :) I'm so sorry for the lack of postings this week. I was a bit under the weather this week, but am so glad to be getting back into the swing of things :)



For my first card today, I decided to ink up this adorable image from the new Anki's Sweethearts Line available exclusively at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. This image is called Julia With Flowers and I think she is so adorable :) I inked the image with Memento Black Ink onto PTI cardstock and colored her in with copics. I added some glitter with my Sakura glitter pen. All cardstock is by SU (Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Pretty in Pink) and my design paper is from DCWV's Nana's Nursery stack (baby girl). I added a Pretty in Pink ribbon and then adhered my image to my SU cardstock with dimensionals. I used my SU ticket corner on each corner and added pearls. The sentiment is from Hot off the Press (this is a great, versatile sentiment set) and I punched the sentiment out with my SU Word Window punch. For a finishing touch, I added Primas and a pearl. What do you think? Also, make sure to stop by Susana's Store Blog, Follow Your Heart for a wonderful tutorial by Anki (the creator of Anki's Sweethearts) on Criss Cross Cards. Her tutorial is really easy to follow and her card is just gorgeous.



For my second card today, I decided to ink up this adorable image from Pink Cat Studio. I used this past week's Mojo Monday Sketch for my layout. I inked my image with Memento Black Ink and colored it in with copics. I added some pink stickles and some glitter from my Sakura glitter pen to the image. All cardstock is SU (Always Artichoke and Regal Rose . . . this is one of my absolute favorite color combos). My design paper is from Basic Grey's Bittersweet line. I used my Threading Water border punch for the scalloped border. I also added pearls and Primas for finishing touches. What do you think?

I'd love to hear what you think of my projects. I'm hoping to get back to my regular daily posting schedule so I'll be back tomorrow with another project :) Have a wonderful weekend :)

Big Hugs, Christine :)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE both of these cards! I prefer cards that don't have a ton of stuff going on (a million flowers, tons of bows, lots of bling, etc.) and your cards really appeal to me because they let the main image be the "star of the show"! It's nice that Anki named a stamp after me LOL. The colors on both cards are wonderful and I love the pearls. Ok, I'll stop gushing now!

Danni said...

Love these cards!! The pearls on both add such a nice touch!! Awesome job!

marsha said...

Christine, these are both so adorable! I love the Anki - I think I "need" her, LOL!

stampingtink said...

They were well worth waiting for! I love this Julia with Flowers. I think she may be my favorite and I love the soft colors you used for her! And Lily and Billy are way too cute! I love BG's Bittersweet paper. You colored both of them so beautifully. Hope you're feeling better soon as I've been fighting the flu this week as well.

Hugs to you,

Susan

Monica said...

I have to agree with Danni.. I am loving the pearls on both cards! Where did you find those?? I need some! Both cards are beautiful and I'm really love the pink cat studio card!! Super cute image!

Rach said...

two fabulous card Christine, hope that you are feeling better soon.xx

Marnie said...

Love love your projects. Those images are just wonderful!

Susana M said...

Hi Christine awesome cards in their elegance. I now they are not your beloved mystical stamps but wowzer and the pearls are a great touch too!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Aud said...

WOW! Your cards are wonderful! Love all the details and the colors you've used!♥

Annie said...

love the papers you used on these cards - they are both fabulous! enjoy your weekend. hugs, annie x

B said...

Oh so pretty! Love the pearls!

Dawn said...

Beautiful cards - love those images!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Both of these are beautiful--love the colors, layouts & embellies! Hope you're feeling better real soon? Are you going to Marti's class?

hugz,
Suzanne

Virginia Killmore said...

The pearls are such anice touch

Anki said...

Two very lovely cards. Hope you've had a wonderful Saturday. Hugs - Anki

Anne said...

I just found you through Julia's blog and I'm so glad I did! Your cards are absolutely wonderful! Such gorgeous colours and fab images!

cats whiskers said...

Hi dear nice to see you back, and I hope you are feeling a little better. Both these cards are fabulous love the brilliant colouring on both of them, TFS
Hugs jacqui x

Anonymous said...

Christine--both cards are wonderful!! I love the pearls!!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

both cards are beautiful! Glad you are feeling better. :-)

Silly Skittles said...

YAY! Welcome back! I'm glad that you're feeling better and getting back into the crafty swing of things! I love your cards and you definitely worked that mojo sketch!

Kathi said...

They're both wonderful! I really love all the little details you add and the coloring is amazing.

Lyn S said...

Very sweet cards...perfect for Spring!

Cathy said...

Sorry, I'm playing catch up. I love both of these cards!! They are so fun and cute!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company