Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall




Hello everyone and Happy Thursday! :) How is your week going? I actually had both of my cards today ready to go yesterday, but haven't been feeling very well and just now was able to get them posted. For my first card, I used images from the oh so cute Dreaming of Princessland set from H & M Stamps. I stamped the castle, princess, and apples with Memento Black Ink onto PTI cardstock and colored all images in with my copics. I added Stickles to the princess's dress and I added Glossy Accents to the apples to make them nice and shiny. I stamped the castle a second time and cut out the bushes for some added dimension. All cardstock is SU. I used Brocade blue, Always Artichoke, and Regal Rose. I cut the apples out with my circle nesties and the main image background out with my rectangle nesties. I ran the first rectangle through the cuttlebug with my Swiss Dots embossing folder. My design paper is from DCWV. I used my SU Ticket Corner punch on the corners of the DP and added pink rhinestones for a finishing touch. The sentiment is computer generated and I punched it out with my SU Word Window punch. What do you think?




For my second card, I used this gorgeous Castle from Susana's store as well as Alicia the Fairy for my main images. I had planned for this card to compliment my Round Top Box from my last post, but didn't get it photographed in time. Anyway, I actually stamped the castle three times and did some cutting and pasting with dimensionals for some added pop and 3D effect. I colored the images with my copics and I added stickles to the fairy. Remember, Alicia the Fairy is one of several new stamps designed exclusively for Susana's store. Click Here to see the entire line. All cardstock is SU (Regal Rose and Always Artichoke) and my design paper is from DCWV's Once Upon a Time stack. The sentiment is from Verve and I cut it out with my circle nesties. What do you think?

Please make sure to check out Susana's store blog, Follow Your Heart. My DT sister Danni has an awesome tutorial today on spotlighting. It's a fabulous tutorial and I will definitely have to try this technique.

Well, that's it from me today. :) I'd love to hear what you think of my projects. I'm a little behind in visiting your blogs, but will catch up, I promise :) Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with another project.

Hugs, Christine

17 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

beautiful layers!

Danni said...

Oh my!! You constantly amaze me with your talent for these scenes. Beautiful! Simply beautiful. I really like the second one.

Melissa said...

Wow this is adorable! I love it. Great job on coloring. This would make a perfect scrapbook page also. :)

B said...

Oh love all the layers and the apples! Cute idea!

Susana M said...

Hey Christine talk about taking layouts and backgrounds to a new level WOW super job the detailing on the 2nd castle fab and the coloring is great on both!!! Love the apples way to tie it in :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Susana M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

AMAZING Christine!! You definetly have talent and a love for those fairy tale scenes.

Anki said...

Love it! Especially Alicia of course ;-) Kram - Anki

CraftyC said...

Wow, a stunning card, I love it Christine!
Clairexx

cats whiskers said...

Oh what fabulous cards just adore the backgrounds you have used just perfect for little girls
Hugs Jacqui x

Gina Lindsay said...

Both cards are lovely! You do such a great job tying everything together.

Annie said...

fabby fairy cards you made, I love the apples down the side! hugs, annie x

Virginia Killmore said...

Wow thses cards are so beautifully painted and great layers!

marsha said...

Christine,
I just love all your fairy scenes -your designs and coloring are awesome! These make me feel like a kid again!

Marnie said...

OOH I adore the princess' they are just perfect!

Lyn S said...

Oh, how stunning are these cards!! Love them!
Hope you're feeling better now.

Kathi said...

I love all the layers and the wonderful scenes. Great cards.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company