Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kisses



Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday :) Two more days and the weekend is here!!! :):) My card today is my submission for this week's High Hopes Challenge. Our challenge this week was to use lace somewhere on our card. I didn't have lace ribbon so I had to improvise :) I used the Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch as my lace element.

I first stamped the stone wall (from High Hopes stamps) with Memento Black Ink onto PTI cardstock and colored it with copics. I stamped the princess and frog (also from High Hopes) onto a separate piece of PTI cardstock, colored them with copics, and cut them out. I added Glossy Accents to the frog's lips and Pink Stickles to the princess's crown and gown. I also added Gold Geo-Shaped Sparklers to her crown.

Next, I created my card base, which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2, out of SU's Rose Red. I layered SU's Regal Rose on top of that followed by my design paper from the new SU catalog. I then used my rectangle nesties to cut out my main image and the scalloped rectangles. I adhered the image to the rectangles with dimensionals. I then adhered the princess and frog to the wall with dimensionals. The sentiment is from an old $1 Studio G set. I added a white glittery foam heart sticker from Michael's. Finally, I added Primas and added this cool Lip Button to the center.

I'd love to hear what you think of my card. Thanks so much for stopping by. Please make sure to stop by Susana's Custom Art and Card Design Group on Papercraft Planet for a cool giveaway going on right now. See you back here tomorrow :)

Hugs, Christine :)

10 comments:

Danni said...

Oh my! That frog just makes me giggle!! What an awesome card, so fun!! Great job!

Silly Skittles said...

I love all your princess themed cards, Christine! This one is SO pretty! Great improv on the lace...I JUST got my doily lace punch and I think it'll show up somewhere on all my projects for the next six months or so! LOL...beautiful card!

Lyn S said...

The puckering up froggie is just too cute!

Another awesome card Christine!

Anonymous said...

I guess that frog got himself a kiss hee hee. I love the lips inthe flower very cool image! Your coloring and such are always bright and well executed :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Ann said...

Super cute! Love the lips!

B said...

haha, I love the frog lips! Way too funny!

Rach said...

a fabulous card, great idea to use the lace doily punchxx

Joey said...

Hi, gorgeous card, your colouring is fabulous, love the doily punch. joey xxx

Ila said...

I love this Gorgeous card!!..love the way you used these stamps..and the lace border looks lovely!!..Hugs, Ila

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Too cute!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company