Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Try it Out Tuesday #5 - A Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone and Happy Tuesday :) Today is Try It Out Tuesday--Challenge #5 over at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design store blog, Follow Your Heart. Our challenge this week was a sketch challenge. Our wonderful DT leader, Suzanne, came up with the following sketch for us:





For my card, I decided to use this adorable fairy stamp from Susana's store, Sassafras. I inked her up with Memento Black ink (don't forget to check out Marti's store for some great sales) and stamped her onto PTI cardstock. I colored her with copics, added Stickles to her wings, and cut her out with my circle nestabilities. I next created my card base out of SU's Rose Red. I layered Always Artichoke on top of that followed by my design paper from DCWV's Nana's Nursery stack (baby girl). I used my Martha Stewart Lacy Doily punch on the smaller design panel. I added a ribbon and bow, and then adhered my image to a scalloped circle with dimensionals. I added these beautiful Decorative Photo Corners from Spellbinders. It's difficult to see in my picture (the lighting was pretty bad this morning) but these have beautiful embossing on them. For a finishing touch, I added three pearls to the bottom of the card.

I'd love to hear what you think of my card. Make sure to stop by Susana's Store Blog to see the other wonderful creations the design team have come up with. Also, Susana is welcoming a new Guest Design Team Member, Aud. Make sure to check out her blog Here, her work is amazing.

That's it from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by. See you back here tomorrow :)

Hugs, Christine

16 comments:

Danni said...

Left you a comment on the store blog, but wanted to leave you one here too! This is so pretty! Such a soft feel to it! Love the colors and all the little extra touches!

Annie said...

love the pretty girly card with the fairy image. and the sparkly wings too! hugs, annie x

Ila said...

This is So Gorgeous!! the fairy and your coloring is just Beautiful!!...Hugs, Ila

Suzanne J Dean said...

Darling card Christine! That is my favorite fairy image--love all the shimmer! Great job w/ the sketch!

hugz,
Suzanne

Rach said...

a sweet card Christine, adorable image.xx

B said...

Oh how cute! Love the shimmer!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
Love that image and the colors rock green, pink and black go so well:o) Love the corner accents great effort with challenge!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Anki said...

Wonderful card my friend. Great job! Kram - Anki

cats whiskers said...

I love this gorgeous card, so soft and pretty and what a wonderful image. I love Susannes stamps
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

hi christine! really gorgeous card!!! and love those photo corners!!!

Lyn S said...

How sweet is your fairy! Beautiful card!

Lynn Put said...

Christine your card is so pretty! Your coloring and the decorative corners look wonderful!

Marcea said...

such a pretty card, adorable
-x-

Kathi said...

Another beautiful card with great little details.

Cathy said...

This is so pretty!! I love, love, love it!! She is my favorite fairy.She's so cute and adorable. You colored her with such soft, pretty colors. Yummy!!

Virginia Killmore said...

Darling card

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company