Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Try it Out Tuesday #4 - A Fairy Valentine



Hello everyone and Happy Tuesday :) It's time for another Try it Out Tuesday challenge over at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design's store blog, Follow Your Heart. Our challenge this week was to was to take any of Susana's stamps that wasn't made for Valentine's Day & use it for a Valentine's Day card or project. I loved this challenge, as it really allowed us to show the versatility of the stamps.

I decided to use one of my favorite fairy stamps, Nadine as my main image. I stamped her with Memento Black Ink onto PTI cardstock, colored her with copics, and cut her out. I added Diamond Stickles to her wings. I next created my card base, which measures 5 1/2 out of 5 1/2, from SU's Regal Rose. I layered Rose Red on top of that followed by my design paper from K & Co. I added a ribbon and a Charm that the wonderful Susana sent to me. This charm is awesome. It actually opens up like a locket and inside is a rolled up "scroll" tied with red ribbon where you could write your own secret message. How cool is that? :)

To finish the card off, I adhered Nadine to the card base using dimensionals and then I added red glittery hearts (from Michael's). What do you think? We'd love for you to join this challenge. Just upload your creations to Splitcoast and/or PCP with the keyword "TIOT4" so we can all see your creations :) Make sure to stop by the Follow Your Heart Blog to see the other gorgeous projects made by Susana's design team.

Finally, in some enabling news, Marti, of Pez-A-Doodle Designs is bringing in to her store some yummy new goodies she picked up at CHA. To make room for the new goodies, she's having a big sale, so make sure to stop by her store and check it out.

Okay, that's it from me today. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow :)

Hugs, Christine :)

13 comments:

Sharon said...

So Pretty! Nice job on the challenge. I love the fairie...much nicer than those traditional chubby cherubs!
Sharon

Danni said...

Oh my! Another stunning card! I just love how you work with Nadine.....amazing!! Love this!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Danni another Stunner of a card :o) The colors rock and the pop out and wing effects are great!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana M

B said...

Love the wings! So pretty!

Lynn Put said...

Christine your card is so pretty! I love how the fairie is reaching for the glittery Valentine hearts!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Gorgeous Christine--great job making her Valentine-ish! Love all the glitter hearts too!

hugz,
Suzanne

Ann said...

So pretty! I love how the fairy is reaching for the sparkly hearts, and that "secret" charm is too cool!

cats whiskers said...

So pretty I have this stamp but never thought of using it as a valentines card, wonderful idea. This is just perfect dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Rach said...

wow this is gorgeous, love the locket charm, what a fab embellishment. xx

stampingtink said...

She's just stunning! Gosh you do beautiful work! I love the softness of Nadine and the hearts are perfect! Love everything about her!

Chris said...

Beautiful card! Love how you cut out the fairy...wow. I don't have that much patience...

Marnie said...

This is just stunning love everything that you've done here!

Kathi said...

Wow. I really love this one too. Great work.

You have a way with the magical themes!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company