Friday, July 7, 2017

Video Tutorial: Creating a Beach Scene with Distress Inks and Craftin' Desert Divas Stamps

Hi everyone and Happy Friday!  We made it to the weekend! :)  Today, I have the pleasure of helping to debut a brand new soon to be released stamp set from Craftin' Desert Divas called Sunny Smiles.  All new stamps and dies will be available on July 10th.  You are going to LOVE this release, I promise!  Here's my video:


And here's my first card (which we made in the video):






How CUTE are these images?  I created the ocean scene using the brand new soon to be released Ocean Dies from Craftin' Desert Divas.  I used Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain distress inks on the Sand and Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, and Cracked Pistachio for the waves.  I spritzed with water to give them that fun distressed look.  I cut the panel out using the Fancy Frames Dies from Craftin' Desert Divas.  I water colored the cute critters with my Zig markers and a water brush.  I used Yellow, Brown, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Light Pink, Pink, Blue, and Red markers for the giraffe and Gray, Light Gray, Pink, Orange, and Light Pink and Blue for the hippo.  Its' hard to see, but I added Wink of Stella to the swimsuits and Glossy Accents to the hippo's sunglasses.  How cute!!!!!! 


Here's another card I made with this adorable set:






For this card, I used some watercolor paper and some Gansai Tambi watercolor paints to create the fun blue watercolor background.  I then colored the cute Tiger with my Zigs.  I used Brown, Orange, Black, Ligth Pink, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Blue, Red, and Yellow markers to color him up.  I added Wink of Stella to his swim suit, his coconut drink, and his yellow duck floatie :)  I used some design paper from Echo Park and added some sequins.  What do you think?


Well, that's it from me today.  I hope you enjoyed this video.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company