Sunday, August 17, 2008

Good Friends



Happy Sunday everyone! :) We have had another gorgeous day here in WV. I'm sad to see the weekend coming to an end, it's been a great one with lots of time in my craft room :)

For my card today, I decided to ink up my favorite set from My Favorite Things. I was inspired by Pam Basset's card using this set, which can be seen here in her gallery on Splitcoast: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/723915?cat=500&ppuser=114372. Thanks Pam for the inspiration, your work is amazing!

I stamped the main image from MFT's Meet Me at the Cafe set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped it onto Georgia Pacific (GP) cardstock. I then colored the image with my Copics and then mounted it, with dimensionals, onto patterned paper from Die Cuts With a View's (DCWV) Nana's Nursery Stack (baby girl) and used SU's ticket corner punch on the corners. I then mounted that (with dimensionals) onto SU's Always Artichoke cardstock (again using the ticket corner punch on the corners), and then mounted that (with dimensionals) onto SU's Cameo Coral cardstock. I then created my card base (measuring 5x5) out of SU's Regal Rose cardstock. I then mounted on top of that a layer of Always Artichoke (again using the ticket corner punch on the corners) followed by designer paper from DCWV's Nana's Nursery (baby girl) (again using the ticket corner punch on the corners).

Next, I mounted my main image onto the card base using dimensionals. I then stamped the awning from the MFT set onto the polka dot patterned paper, cut it out, and mounted it onto the image using dimensionals. I then stamped the sentiment onto GP cardstock and used the ticket corner punch on the corners. I then mounted that onto SU's Always Artichoke and used the ticket corner punch on the corners. I then mounted that onto SU's Cameo Coral and then mounted that onto the card base.

For some finishing touches, I added pearls (from Martha Stewart) on each corner. I put Glossy Accents on the liquid in the glasses. Finally, I placed Prima flowers on each side of the sentiment and placed pearls in the centers.

Thanks again to Pam for the inspiration for this card. I would love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. More tomorrow :)

Christine :)

No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company