Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Life's a Beach

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday! Boy do I have a crazy day at work today so I'm going to keep my chit chat short and get right to my card :)





For my card today, I decided to create a fun, bright, glittery summer-themed card :) My friend Kristy has opened up a new paper-piecing store that you absolutely MUST check out. The store is called Scraptastical Kreations and her designs are oh so cute! Her grand opening is coming up soon and she's going to be adding lots more patterns soon so keep checking back. The particular pattern I used is called Just Beachy and it is SO cute! I love all the patterns in this set. I decided to cut out the little girl bear with the sand bucket. I downloaded the SVG file (you get all the cuts together at one price), then used my SCAL 3.0 program to size everything, then cut it all out with my Silhouette. I inked around all the pieces, then put everything together. To add some extra dimension, I did some doodling with my white and black gel pens. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. My DP is from K&Co (this paper is really pretty and so glittery in person, but there is now glitter everywhere! :) ). I adhered my image to my card base using dimensionals, then added pearls, a bow, dew drops, and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts for some finishing touches. The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps (Sun Kissed set). What do you think?

Well, I hope you enjoyed my summery card :) Thanks so much as always for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you back tomorrow. Big Hugs!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Love it, Christine! You did an awesome job!
~Colleen

jimlynn said...

So cute Christine! LOVE that little happy looking bear...he's ready to hit the beach!
Lynn

Adrian said...

You did a great job, very pretty!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company