Friday, September 26, 2008

Autumn



Happy Friday everyone! TGIF! :) It's getting chillier and chillier here in WV, so I'm trying to get into the Fall spirit. For my card today, I stamped the scene (from The Stampin Place) with Memento black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored it in with my copics. I then used my nestabilities to cut it out and then mounted it onto SU's Ruby Red (also cut out using nesties). I then stamped Tilda (from Magnolia stamps) onto GP cardstock, colored her with copics, and cut her out. I did the same with the hay (also from Magnolia stamps). My card base, which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2, is SU's Brocade Blue. I layered So Saffron on top of that followed by Ruby Red, followed by my designer paper from K&Co. I then mounted my scene onto the card base using dimensionals. I mounted the hay and Tilda using dimensionals as well.

Next, I stamped my sentiment, from Studio G, onto Ruby Red and punched it out using SU's Word Window punch. I then used a MS leaf punch for the leaves. For some finishing touches, I added Primas, a red rhinestone from Michael's, and Diamond Stickles to Tilda's wings.

I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs, Christine :)

5 comments:

Danni said...

What a wonderful card! love how you added the scene!

deb said...

Wonderful!! I love that scene in the background! Love the card!
Great job!!
hugz

Unknown said...

Ithink you are amazingly talented at building scenes! This is absolutely beautiful!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Very cute--love the scene!

hugz,
Suzanne Dean

Unknown said...

super card christine!! great coloring and i love how it is all put together!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company