Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Video Tutorial: Tips for Using your Zig Markers when coloring a floral scene using Simon Says Stamps products

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all having a fabulous week.  I have a new video tutorial and card to share today using this gorgeous stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called More Spring Flowers.  I love this stamp set, it was so much fun to color these flowers in.  In my video tutorial for today, I show you some tips on how I use my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to create multiple colors when coloring flowers.  I also show you how you can use one marker color to get gorgeous shaded results using that marker and a water brush.  Finally, I also show you how I created the distress inked background.  Here's the video tutorial:




And here's some pictures:



I inked all the flowers in Versamark ink and then heat embossed them in white embossing powder.  For the background, I used Picked Raspberry and Mowed Lawn distress inks to create the blended background, then I spritzed the background with some water for a distressed look.  To color my flowers, I used the following Zig marker colors: Pink, Light Pink, Blue Gray, Yellow, Orange, Olive Green, Light Green.  The sentiment is from the Hero Arts You are Loved stamp set.  Twenty-five percent of all proceeds from this stamp set go to the Jennifer McGuire Ink Kindness Campaign, which is such a worthwhile cause.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I added all of the elements with foam tape.  I then added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew and Carnation Pink.  I coated all the flowers with Wink of Stella clear glitter.  What do you think?


Well, that's it from me today.  Thank you so much as always for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company