Monday, May 22, 2017

Video Tutorial: How to Create a Layer Scene Card with Mama Elephant Stamps and Distress Inks

Hi everyone and Happy Monday!  I hope your week is off to a wonderful start!  I'm super excited to share my card with you today.  I just recently got some stamps from the brand new Mama Elephant stamp release and I just had to play with this new set called Summer Days.  This set was SO much fun to play with.  I couldn't stop coloring the little critters (and as you'll see in my video, I have a ton that I already colored for future cards :) ).  Here's a link to my video tutorial:  


And here are some pictures of my card.






I colored all the images with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers (any time I use Zigs or do any ink blending, I use Bristol Smooth cardstock, so all white cardstock in this card is Bristol Smooth).  I used Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain distress inks for the sand dunes.  I used Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inks for the ocean.  I used Salty Ocean distress ink for the sky and Mustard Scene for the sun (which I made using my Radiating Rays stencil from My Favorite Things).  I used stitched hillside border dies from Lawn Fawn for the sand dunes and Ocean Waves die-namics dies from My Favorite Things for the waves.  I used the Cloud 9 die-namics dies from My Favorite Things for the clouds.  I coated just about everything with my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen so it all has a really pretty shine.  The sentiment is from another Mama Elephant stamp set called Organic Blooms.


I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial and my card for today.  I had so much fun putting this scene together.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow with another card and video! :)

No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company