Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Video Tutorial: How to blend your Zigs with Clearly Besotted Stamps

Hi everyone and Happy Tuesday!  I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  With the horrible news coming out of Manchester, I just wanted to color some cute flamingos today and send some cards out to spread a little kindness.  My heart is with all the people of England and around the world.  Let's let love win, not hate.

Okay, onto my fun cards for today.  I just had to play with this adorable new set from Clearly Besotted called Fluffy Flamingos.  How cute are these guys?!?! :)  I am still playing with my new Zig markers and playing around with some techniques.  In today's video tutorial, I show how I was able to use a light pink and an orange marker to create a multi-colored flamingo.  I also show some distress inking and I also have five card samples to share.  Here's the video:

And here are some close up pictures of my cards:












For these cards, I stamped all the flamingoes with Hero Arts Black Dye ink.  I then colored them with my zigs.  For the flamingo I colored in the video, I used Peach Pink and Orange.  For the other flamingos, I used various combinations of Peach Pink, Pink, Dark Pink, and Light Pink.  I blended everything with a water brush.  For the green distress background, I used Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink.  For the pink backgrounds, I used Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink.  For the blue background, I used Broken China Distress Oxide ink.  For the multi colors, I used Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade, and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.  For the two cards with clouds, I used the cloud border dies from Lawn Fawn.  The design paper is from Stampin' Up and I also used various sequins from my stash.  I hope you liked my video and my cards today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  Hugs!


No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company