Monday, October 16, 2017

Video Tutorial - Honey Bee Stamps - Creting a Fun Fall Card with Watercolor, Distress Oxide Inks, and Glitter Paste

Hi everyone!  It's Christine here for Butterfly Reflections Ink and I have a new card and video tutorial to share with you today.  I'm really excited to share today's project.  It uses a brand new release from Honey Bee Stamps.  I was blown away with Honey Bee Stamp's most recent release and I bought almost the entirety of it from Vanessa's shop.  Here's today's video:
(To view on YouTube, click HERE)

And here are some pictures of my card:





To create today's card, I first created the background.  To do that, I inked a piece of Canson XL Watercolor Paper (cut slightly smaller than an A2 sized card base) with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide InkCandied Apple Distress Oxide Ink, and Fired Brick Distress Oxide Ink.  I then spritzed some water from my Distress Sprayer onto the panel and then let it dry.  Next, I used a heart stencil from my stash and applied some Gold Glitter Paste to the stencil, which resulted in the beautiful gold hearts you see on the panel.  Next, I stamped the Forest Friends Stamp Set from Honey Bee Stamps onto some Canson XL Watercolor paper and then painted the image with my Zig Markers and my Detailer Water Brush.  I used the following Zig Markers:
Bear: Dark Brown, Brown, Light Pink, Pink (for cheek), and Black
Hedgehog: Brown, Light Brown, Light Pink
Basket: Light Brown, Cornflower Blue
Bunny: Gray, Light Gray, Light Pink, Light Blue (For slight shadow on tail)
Bird: Brown, Yellow, Orange (for beak) and Light Pink

I then cut the image out using the Coordinating Forest Friends Honey Cut Dies and then adhered it to my distressed panel with foam tape.  Next, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink onto some black cardstock and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I then cut it out and adhered it with foam tape. I then adhered the entire panel to a standard A2 sized card base.  What do you think?

Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company