Friday, February 18, 2011

A Quick Happy Birthday Card

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! I'm sorry I haven't been around much this week, I've been swamped at work and I've also been feeling a bit under the weather (it usually happens when the seasons start to change, my allergies start acting up). I can't complain though, it has been gorgeous here the last couple of days and may even get up to 70 degrees today! I love spring! :) Well, last night I had a few minutes to spare so I decided to create a very quick birthday card using my Cricut.





I cut the cute little girl out using my Once Upon a Princess Cartridge. I did some doodling with my white gel pen and then put her together. I used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to hide her face and then I stamped a face for her using my Princess Face Assortment stamps from Peachy Keen Stamps I also decided to cut out some balloons so I cut the balloons out from the Once Upon a Princess Cartridge as well. I hid the faces the Cricut would have cut and used my Wide Eyed Kids Face Assortment stamps from Peachy Keen Stamps for the faces. Next I created my card base using SU cardstock. My DP is from DCWV (Nana's Kids stack). I cut the frame out also using the Once Upon a Princess cartridge and adhered it to the card base with dimensionals. I then adhered the little girl to the frame, also with dimensionals. For some finishing touches, I added a double looped bow (tied with my Bow Easy), rhinestones, and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. My sentiment is from an old Hanna Stamps set. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I hope to get caught up on all my crafting this weekend so hopefully I'll have lots to share with you soon. Have a wonderful day and thanks so much as always for stopping by.

4 comments:

Jae said...

Can't wait for spring to arrive. :)Super cute card, love the colours! TFS!
Jenn

jimlynn said...

So cute, bright, and cheerful! Love the little faces on the balloons too. Very cute card.
Lynn

Crystal said...

Oh my word this is CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I LOVE those smiling balloons fun fun card Christine!

Danni said...

Cute card!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company