Monday, February 7, 2011

My Sweet Love

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had a pretty low key weekend here, which was nice. I worked a little bit but mostly I got to rest, spend some time in the craft room, and watch the Super Bowl. I thought the commercials this year were hilarious! Hubby and I laughed so much. We're both Steelers fans (we lived three years in Steeler Country when we were in law school), but we both like Green Bay as well so it didn't really matter who won. It was a really exciting game, I had so much fun watching it. Well, I have another Cricut Valentine's Day card to share with you today so I'll get right to it.





For my card today, I decided to cut out this adorable skunk from the Birthday Bash cartridge. In the handbook, he's actually holding the number 7 but I was able to hide that with my Gypsy. I cut him out at 3 3/4". Instead of a regular balloon, I used my Sweethearts cartridge for the heart and made the balloon a heart balloon. I then put all my pieces together and then did some doodling with my white and black gel pens. I also added some chalk to his cheeks to give him some "blush." Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. My DP is from K&Co.'s new Valentine's stack. I added pearls, a ribbon, a bow, dew drops, and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts for some finishing touches. I then adhered my skunk with dimensionals. The beautiful sentiment is from My Creative Time You Had Me at Chocolate Stamp Set (I LOVE Emma's stamps, the fonts are gorgeous and they stamp beautifully!). What do you think of my card?

Well, I hope you enjoyed my card for today. Thank you all so much as always for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and a wonderful week and I'll see you back here tomorrow with another project! :)

3 comments:

Marlene said...

What a cute little stinker!!

I loved some of the commercials this year...like the Darth Vader (Volkswagen) one, and the Pepsi Max (girl gets clocked in the head with the can) one....and who can NOT laugh at the (Snickers) Roseanne gets knocked over by a tree log?!!! Ha ha ha.

Crystal said...

Oh my word this is just sooooooo SWEET Christine!! Absolutely too stinkin cute :) Fabulous sweetie!

Emma said...

WOW, this is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE how sweet this card came out! thank you for sharing!
big hugs,
Emma;)
P.S. you are welcome to post pictures of your projects that you make using my stamps on my "My Creative Time" facebook page!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company