Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Bug

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! :) Friday is finally here, yay! :) This has been a very long week so I'm so looking forward to getting some R&R this weekend :) And of course, spending lots of time in the craft room :) Well, since Valentine's Day is Monday, I have a few more Valentine projects to share with you between now and then.





For my card today, I just had to cut out this absolutely adorable lady bug from the Create a Critter cartridge. Isn't he SO cute? :) I used my Gypsy's "hide contour" feature to hide the face the Cricut would cut out and then I stamped his face using the new Wide Eyed Kids Face Stamps from Peachy Keen Stamps. Aren't these faces adorable?!?! I then used my white gel pen to do some doodling around the image. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock (my card measures 4 1/2 by 4 1/2). My DP is from K&Co. For some finishing touches, I added a bow, pearls, and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. I cut the sentiment out using my Cricut (it is also from the Create a Critter cartridge). What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much as always for stopping by and I'll see you back here soon.

8 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

Your card is fantastic!!! The Love bug is soooo cute!

Marlene said...

How adorable!!! I love this pink/red bug!

Crystal said...

HOW SUPER FUN!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

How cute Christine. A very fun Valentine's card. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

The Craft Hot Spot said...

Christine this card is the cutest EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!! I love your blog!!!! It is adorable!!!! I was wondering if you would like to Guest Design for my next Tuesday Challenge? Email me at madebymomo@yahoo.com if your interested! I would love to have you, your work is awesome! XOXO MOmo

Anonymous said...

Awww what a cute lovebug! Just a fabulous creation Christine! Love it! big hugs, Angela

Maquel said...

I love your work!! I have given you a Blog Award! Please stop by my blog to pick it up!

http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Congrats!
Maquel

Lyn S said...

Very cute love bug!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company