Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brrrrr!

Hi everyone and Happy Thursday! Brrrrrr, it is SO cold here in West Virginia. The last several days, it hasn't been above 30 degrees and with the windchill, it feels like it's below zero. What's worse is the wind has been so bad, you feel like you're going to blow away. Sure hope we get a warm spell soon! :)




In light of the cold weather, I was inspired to create a wintry card using this adorable image illustrated by Victoria Case and available at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. Isn't she adorable? I colored my image with copics and then inked around the image with SU's Bashful Blue ink using my Tim Holtz blending tool. Next I added Stardust Stickles to the fur trim around her coat. I then created my card base using SU cardstock (Perfect Plum and Bashful Blue). My DP is from Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather paper pad (I got mine HERE). For some finishing touches, I added pearls, ribbon, a bow (tied with my Bow Easy), snowflakes (from Me and My Big Ideas, I got them at Michael's) and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I'm getting ready to head to work and brave the cold :) Thanks so much as always for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

She's a cutie all dressed for winter! Love you card.....such a winter-y feel to it and so pretty.
Hope you guys warm up soon - we're suppose to get up to about 77 degrees today (then turn cooler tomorrow!)
Lynn

B said...

So cute!

Marlene said...

So gorgeous! Love the sparkle and you KNOW I love the purple!

Crystal said...

AWWW Christine she is cute as can be this is just FABULOUS sweetie!!!

Maria Matter said...

another gorgeous VC image! love the touch of sparkle you added to this card/snowflakes...just beautiful!

Not sure if I'll be online too much this week, I have all my Dec posts pre-scheduled...I need to get baking and wrapping, oy! So I will wish you a wonderful BLESSED CHRISTMAS now, I hope this holiday is the best ever for you & yours!
love, hugs & blessings to you Christine!!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company