Friday, November 12, 2010

Girl Talk

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! :) I'm so glad the weekend is almost here. I have a massive amount of work to get done today but if I can get through that, I'll be able to get some R&R this weekend :) I had a lovely day off yesterday and got to spend some time in the craft room. I have two cards to share with you today.




For my first card I decided to use this adorable stamp illustrated by Elisabeth Bell and available HERE at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. I had so much fun coloring this one. I colored her with copics and then lightly inked around the image with purple ink using my Tim Holtz blending tool. Next I created my card base using SU cardstock. My DP is from DCWV. For some finishing touches, I added ribbon, a bow (which I tied with my Bow Easy), Primas, roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, pearls, and a cell phone mini charm that I got at JoAnn's. The fun sentiment is from an MFT set. What do you think?




For my second card today, I decided to use my paper scraps from my first card to create a new Cricut Card using the Forever Young Cricut cartridge. I cut the image out at 4". Next I created my card base with SU cardstock. I added a black ribbon and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. Just a super simple but fun card. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks so much as always for stopping by.

10 comments:

Brandi said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the color combo! :)

jimlynn said...

WOW! BOTH are so pretty. LOVE all that purple!!! My granddaughter would really like that first one. Your coloring is gorgeous.
Have a good weekend.
Lynn

CraftyC said...

These are gorgeous Christine. Love the colours, a great silhouette and I love the big bow!!
Clairex

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE these Christine....That image on the first one is AWESOME, LOVE her!!!! Beautiful and fun fun cards gf!! Have a GREAT Friday!

Maria Matter said...

Oooo, these are lovely Christine!!!
Love what you're doing with your cricut lately! gorgeous coloring on your EB image!
enjoy your weekend!
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

Fantastic cards...and beautiful shading on that first card!

Ok, I've gotta ask. Is purple your favorite color? Heehee!!! It's MY favorite color, and I always SQUEEEEEAK when I see lots of purple here! :)

Danni said...

I just love these!! Really, really pretty!!!

Peggie said...

Love the dp. Great cards. Purple and black make such a great combination.

marsha said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! Love the image and your colors are so rich and luscious!
Hugs,
Marsha

Lyn S said...

Lovely cards, those colours are so elegant together!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company