Monday, August 26, 2013

Believe in Yourself

Hi friends and Happy Monday! :)  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  I've been having some lower back troubles as of late (probably from a super old mattress and constantly lifting a one year old) :) so we didn't do too much this weekend, but it was a wonderful one nonetheless.  Anyway, I have a fun card to share with you today so I'll get right to it.


For my card today, I used this gorgeous image from Saturated Canary.  She's called Bubbles and I just love her.  She reminds me of Glinda from The Wizard of Oz.  She was so much fun to color :)  I of course colored her with my copic markers.  Here are the colors I used:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E21, E25, E29
Pinks: R81, R83, R85, R89
Blues: B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Shadow around image: W2, W4, Blender

For the bubbles, I added Glossy Accents and then dumped Martha Stewart glitter on top.  It really is a nice effect, it's hard to capture with the camera.  My DP is from MME.  The swirly accents were made using a Memory Box Die.  The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps.  The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I added a bow to finish it off and the jewel accent in the center is from Michael's.  Here are a few more pictures:



What do you think?  Well, that's it from me today.  Thank you so much as always for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day! :)


3 comments:

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Hope your back feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Christine this is amazingly cute, what wonderful colouring, love this card, and hope your back improves hun xxx

Christine L said...

Hi... I'm your newest follower and saw your cards via the All Dressed Up Pinterest site.. I LOVE your style... and your use of lots of fabulous pink! This card is beautiful.. as are so many of your others!

I also run a challenge blog you may be interested in... called 'In The Pink'..

http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

as it seems you, like me, can't get enough of the colour! LOL!

Christine x

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company