Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beach Babe

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday! :)  I hope you are all staying cool in this heat.  I am 36 weeks along in my pregnancy as of today and hubby and I couldn't be more excited to meet our little one :)  I've heard that around this time, many women start "nesting" (i.e. cleaning house, getting the nursery finished, etc.).  Other women, like me, discover a new stamp company and become obsessed with coloring fabulous images :)  Luckily, hubby and I have the nursery completed except for  just a few odds and ends and the house is in really good shape :) 

A long time ago, I kind of put my copic markers away and started focusing on making cards and scrapbook pages using my Cricut and my Silhouette.  I think I did this mostly because I wasn't happy with my coloirng skills with the copics and I expceted more from myself.  Don't get me wrong, I love making cards with my Cricut and my Silhouette and I will continue to do that.  I just like doing all sorts of things when it comes to crafting and I found that I was missing coloring and stamping.  So, since I've had a lot of down time with being pregnant and trying to get lots of rest, elevate my feet, etc., I started watching tons of tutorials on copic coloring, determined to improve my skills.  In the process, I also discovered these amazing images from http://saturated-canary.myshopify.com/"> Saturated Canary.  They are digi images (I don't have the best printer for these), but I decided I just had to try them any way.


Isn't this an adorable image?  This image is called http://saturated-canary.myshopify.com/products/beach-baby"> Beach Baby and I just love her.  I colord her with copics (I know I still have a lot to learn and this is my first time coloring in probably over a year, but I'm please with how it turned out, hopefully I'm on the right track).  Here's a close up:




After I colored her up, I added lots of glitter to the sand and to the star fish in her hand.  Next I inked around the image using my Inksentials blending tool from Tim Holtz and some blue ink from Colorbox.  I then put my card together using SU cardstock. My DP is from DCWV (Baby Girl stack).  I added swirls in the corners using an EK Success punch.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, I added some glitter to them using my Stickles:



Finally, I added some pearls for some extra bling.  My sentiment is from Pink By Design.  I'm entering this card into the "Bling It On" challenge over at the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog



What do you think?  Well, I hope you enjoyed my card today as I jump back into using my copics.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Posting right now will still be pretty erratic from me until the baby comes and we get on a schedule, but I will post again as soon as I can.  Have a wonderful day! :)

7 comments:

Melissa Czapor said...

Adorable card!! Congrats on your new little one!!

Jovan said...

Beautiful card...I love the colors and layout!

marsha said...

Christine, so glad to see you "back"! I love your image and your coloring is beautiful. I'm so happy for you on the upcoming "new arrival", hope you stay feeling good and get plenty of rest!
Hugs,
Marsha

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, love your creation its beautiful, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, hugs Pops x x x

Loopylou. said...

omgosh thats so cute hun!! your flowers look so sweet all glisteny!
Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Bev said...

Too adorable! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge this time x

Suzanne J Dean said...

She's a doll Christine...just love her dressed all in pink. You did a good job with those markers having not picked them up in a long time girly!

hugz,
Suzanne

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company