Friday, December 2, 2011

Holiday Treats - Joy's Life Stamps Holiday Blog Hop



Hi everyone and Happy Friday!!! :) I don't know about you all, but I am SO happy it is Friday :) It's been the craziest week ever, but thankfully, I survived and I'm very much looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. Hubby and I plan to finish getting our house decorated for Christmas, then hopefully we'll get to spend some quiet time getting caught up on our DVR recordings and hopefully a movie or two :) Anyway, thanks so much for joining me today. We have a super fun Holiday blog hop going on today, it's the Joy's Life Stamps Holiday Blog Hop!!! I have quite a few pictures of my project today so I'll quit chit chatting and get right to it :)





For my card today, I decided to use a non-traditional pink and pair it with more traditional colors (like red and green) to create a fun and colorful card. The adorable girl is from Lettering Delights (Holiday Shoppers Cut It Set). I LOVE Lettering Delights! This is my first time using one of their patterns and I am in love! Once you get the cut downloaded and opened in SCAL, you can see each layer, in a different color, making it so easy to see what you want to cut and what color you want to cut it in. I cut everything out using my wonderful Silhouette, then put everything together. I next created my card base out of SU cardstock. My DP is from MME. For some finishing touches, I added Prima flowers and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and a cute bow from Michael's.



This adorable sentiment is from Joy's Life Stamps (Wintery Puns Set).

Here's a close up of the twine I used:



The red and green twine was sent by Joy, Miss Joy's Life herself in a sweet DT package she sent me. The pink twine was from Scrappy Moms Stamps. Such a fun addition to the card! :) What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thank you all so much as always for stopping by. Your next stop on the Hop is Jennie's Blog HERE. If you get lost along the way, just go back to the beginning to Joy's blog HERE. Here is a complete list for the Hop:

Joy
Amanda
Anne
Annette
Christine (Me)
Jennie
Maria
Martha
Melisa
Susie
Tracy


Have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend! :)


29 comments:

Tracy said...

Love the Card Christine.. makes me want to go and do the rest of my Christmas shopping.. LOL not really!! I love the cute little shopping bags with the bows just adorable!!
Hop Hop off I go again!!
Tracy xx

Josie0602 said...

Love your card and all the clever use of twine!
Tracy
jtg0398 at sbcglobal dot net

callyannc said...

Oh my heck! I am soooooo scrap lifting this! It is too fun! TFS CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
come on over!

Melissa said...

How cute is she? Love it!

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This way to cute, I love ever deatil of this card you have done.

Love being on the blog hop with you

Amanda

Maria Matter said...

this is fabulous Christine! I love all the pretty details, great use of the twine...too fun!
Awesome job my friend!!
hugs

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

How cute! I love the added touch of the twine!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!!!

Kimberly J. said...

Love this!! I would love to scraplift this card!! Its just so fun and gorgeous!! :) Great job!!
Kimberly
cutie.jensen@gmail.com

JaniceA said...

Beautiful Card!

Ashley Nicole said...

Love this card. I love the twine accents. New follower.
Ashley
glamoroussideofscrapping@gmail.com
http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

love, love, love! you did an amazing job with the LD set! im a big fan of LD, too...

new follower
Jamie
http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.cot
oohlalapaperie at gmail dot com

Susie Moore said...

Your card is really great. LOVE the Christmas gal. I will be keeping this one handy to steal later......

Jovan said...

This is so FABULOUS!

Nanette said...

Great card! I love the girl cutout and all the little bags with bows!


nanettemt at yahoo dot com

Angie said...

I really like your card, that girl with the bags is too cute. I like the twine on the bags. too cte!! have a great weekend.

DGirlLV said...

Wow, great card, love the details. Great inspiration!

joydee1963 said...

Such a cute card,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

Sherrie K. said...

WOW! This card is fabulous and totally adorable! I LOVE the pretty papers, cute twine and all the other details. Thanks for the inspiration!
New follower...hope you stop by my blog and follow me too:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anniebee said...

Hi, Christine! Your card is really, really cute and girlie! You did a great job on it.

Hugs,
Anne

Danni said...

Wonderful card!! So festive!

Shar said...

Very cute! Love the 3D touches of bows and flowers.

Shar
scrapendipity@gmail.com

Jennie Garcia said...

That is incredibly cute!! Perfect for the shopping lovers!! I thought the girl was from Forever Young :( I don't have SCAL I want to kick myself for not buying it on time :/
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I really think your card is fun , I love the way you used the twine and I love the whole layout..the little bags are super cute.. I am your newest follower! Very Creative girl!

mbchoj said...

very cute!
mbchoj at aol dot com

Peggie said...

Great card. You are doing amazing things with these die cuts. The bow is so cute.

Susan said...

OMG! So fabulous! I love the colors you picked to use, very original! I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop in sometime!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

janet said...

Just love your card! I'm bookmarking your ideas for later. Many fun useful ideas!
Janet
janlmil at yahoo dot com

BABYBORICUA said...

i loved your card great idea...

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company