Monday, June 27, 2011

It's a Kitten Kind of Day

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! :) Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ours was crazy busy on Saturday, we had a lot of errands to run but hubby did take me to TGI Fridays (I love that place :)) for a nice lunch. Yesterday we did chores around the house and I was able to get some work done in the craft room. Unfortunately I didn't get a layout done, but I did manage to get a few cards done and I have a couple kitten themed cards to share with you today.




For my first card, I created this adorable shaped cat card using my Gypsy and my Create a Critter cartridge. I first welded the cat to the fluffy pillow. Then I copied that image, then flipped it upside down, then welded it to the first cat at the ears so as to create a card base. I then cut out the other layers and put everything together. Next I did lots of doodling with my white gel pen (I love using this, I really think it adds some dimension to the cuts). I then added some chalk for "blush" to her cheeks, a small bow to her hair, and a pearl to the center of her collar bow. The sentiment is from an old Studio G set. What do you think?





For my second card, I cut out this adorable image using my Meow cricut lite cartridge (this is a super cute cartridge and is on sale right now at Wal-Mart if you are looking for it). I cut the image out and used the "hide contour" feature to hide the face on the girl and the face on the cat. I then used my Peachy Keen face stamps for the face for the girl (the Wide-Eyed Kids collection) and the kitten (Princess face assortment collection). I then put all the pieces together and did some doodling with my white gel pen. Next I created the frame behind the image using the Twinkle Toes lite cartridge. I next created my card base and then adhered my DP (from MME). I added a double looped bow (tied with my Bow Easy), rhinestones in the corner, dew drops, and a rose from Wild Orchid Crafts. I then adhered my image to the frame with dimensionals and then adhered the frame to the card base with dimensionals. The sentiment is from a new Studio G $1 stamp at Michael's. What do you think?

Last but not least, here's a picture of our fur babies:



The striped kitty is Henry and the black kitty is Charlie. They are spoiled rotten, but we love them so much :) They inspired my cards today so I thought I'd share a picture of them with you.

Well, that's it from me today. Thanks so much as always for stopping by. Have a wonderful Monday.

4 comments:

Maria Matter said...

hi ho Christine! so nice to see you posting again! fabulous kitty creations! love the shaped card, how fun is that!
I was reading through your posts...big CONGRATS to your hubby on his new venture, how exciting! Also, sounds like you had some great vacay time, sooo necessary, huh?! I'm glad you're able to fit some crafting time back into your life, you create such beautiful cards!
Take care!
hugs & blessings

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!! As a "mommy" to 2 kitties also, I really enjoyed today's cards :)

Anonymous said...

These cards are so sweet! LOVE them!!! Your furbabies are adorable :-) We have two kitties ourselves, we love them <3

Bethie said...

Christine! Your creations are sooo pretty, and so are your furbabies :) I have 2 of my own these days. I am so glad you share these posts. Looks like life is good! Take care.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company