Monday, January 11, 2010

Wishing for Spring

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! :) By the time you read this, I'll be in South Carolina in classes, doing mock trials and studying (think happy thoughts for me!) :) I'm pre-posting all of my posts for you this week. I'll be back Friday but hopefully will get internet access and will be able to leave comments on your wonderful blogs while I'm away. I have one card for you today.



It's been so cold here that I decided to make a bright and cheery spring card in hopes that spring will come soon (not likely) :) I used this adorable fairy image from CC Designs, colored her with copics, and then cut her out. I added Diamond Stickles to her wings. Next, I stamped the fence background, which is a Magnolia stamp. I colored the background and then I cut it out with my circle nesties. The blue sky was sponged using SU's Bashful Blue ink. All cardstock is by SU (Barely Banana and Pretty in Pink). All design paper is by Basic Grey (Lemonade stack). I used my SU Ticket Corner Punch on the corners and added pink pearls. I added roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and then three rhinestones (from Michael's) for a finishing touch. What do you think?

Because I have so many posts to pre-post, I'll keep my chit chat short :) Thank you so much for stopping by today. Hope you are having a wonderful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

Big Hugs, Christine :)

7 comments:

Brandi said...

Super cute... Swiss Pixies are so fun to work with! :) Hope you are doing well and learning lots! :)

Jeanette said...

Such a sweet card Christine and I think your sentiment is one shared by many these days!
Have a great trip.
HUgs Jeanette :)

Julia (Jules) said...

What an adorable card! I love how you created a little scene using the magnolia fence stamp. I like your choice of DP, too.

Good luck in boot camp!

Danni said...

What a sweet card! I love the Swiss Pixies!! Cute!!

marsha said...

Very, very cute image! I think these are so much fun - love your design and coloring. Glad you're through with bootcamp (ouch!).

Hugs,
Marsha

marsha said...

Very, very cute image! I think these are so much fun - love your design and coloring. Glad you're through with bootcamp (ouch!).

Hugs,
Marsha

B said...

So sweet! :)

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company