Saturday, December 6, 2014


Hi everyone and Happy Saturday! :)  I cannot even put into words how happy I am that the weekend is here!  What a crazy, long week!  Well, it's Saturday so that means it's another Saturday Challenge over at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge Blog.  Our challenge this week is hosted by the lovely Krafty Girl Jenny.  The challenge is "Tag, You're It!"  I'm so excited and honored to be guest designing for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps this month and I love this challenge.  I rarely create tags and I really should do more of them.  Here's my project:


 
 
For my tag, I used the brand new Ice Fairy Stamp Set.  Isn't this image gorgeous?!?!  I fell in love with her the moment I saw her.  She was a dream to color too.  I of course colored her with my copics.  Here are the colors I used:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E53, E25, E29
Pinks: RV10, R81, R83, R85, R89
Blues: BG01, BG05, BG09

I also added lots of glitter.  I think this picture shows the glitter a bit better:



If you've been to my blog before, you know I love embellishments - die cuts, ribbon, flowers, etc.  But for this project, I decided to keep in simple.  The tag is actually from Michael's (it's a Tim Holtz tag and came in a package of 20 for like $2.  I have a Cricut and a Silhouette and you can easily create a tag from one of those machines, but for this project, I decided to use a premade tag to save time.  I sponged around the tag with SU Chocolate Chip ink for a distressed look.  I then added Glossy Accents and glitter to the bottom for the snow.  I popped my image with dimensionals, stamped the sentiment (which comes in this stamp set, along with several other sentiments to choose from), and then added some snowflake stickers I also found at Michael's.  Last but not least, I added some twine at the top.  What do you think?  Here's a further out view:



Well, that's it from me today.  Please make sure to head over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge Blog to check out the rests of the DT and Guest DT creations and then join in the challenge.  Have a wonderful weekend! :)


2 comments:

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! I love all the sparkle!

Danielle Vincent said...

LOVE the blue and pink combo. The sparkly snowflakes really make this awesome.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company