Monday, April 26, 2010

Christmas in April and Blog Candy Winner

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! :) I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a wonderful day. I was reorganizing my design paper over the weekend and found some gorgeous paper I had left over from my Christmas cards this past Christmas. I decided why not get ahead a little bit and make a Christmas card. I decided to create an easel card using an adorable image from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design.






For my card, I inked up the adorable image called Winter from SCACD. I colored the image with copics and then added lots of Diamond Stickles to her coat and the dog's scarf. I also added Glossy Accents to her eyes. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. The design paper is from K&Co. I added some snowflakes (from Me and My Big Ideas, I got them at Michael's) and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy. What do you think?

I also wanted to post the winner of the blog candy offered in my Magnolia Once Upon a Time posting. The lucky winner is:

True Random Number Generator

Min: 1
Max: 30
Result: 26
Powered by RANDOM.ORG

That means the winner is my dear blogging friend Maria Matter!!! Maria please e-mail me your snail mail address and I'll get your goodies to you right away.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my Christmas in April post today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! :)
Hugs, Christine

11 comments:

CraftyC said...

This is such a pretty card Christine. Nice to see the non traditional colours used. A lovely easel card!
Clairex

marsha said...

This is truly gorgeous Christine! I love the colors and what a cutie, your coloring is fantastic! Super, super job!

Hugs, Marsha

Angelwood said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love looking at Christmas cards and this one is so beautifully made. Adorable image and fabulous coloring. Love those papers too! hugs, Angela

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Christine, love your coloring and the sparkle! But it's the cute little doggie that speaks to me, lol, his rosey cheeks are just too perfect!!!

gorgeous snowflakes too!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

I can't believe I won, thank you Christine!! I'll email you!

Susana M said...

Hey Christine
Love your take on the image very lux :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Jodi said...

Adorable image! I love your easel card, the pretty papers and colors you used too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Angela said...

I have this image and just love her!! I love the colors, sparkle and those glossy eyes. One down and how many more to go?
Hugs:)
Angela

Peggie said...

Sweet card. Love the colors.

Randi said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Christine!! I love the colors and sparkles on her parka! I want a parka like that! Fabulous layout and details as always! Thanks for all of your sweet comments!!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is beautiful Christine--love her! Great colors & layout!

hugz,
Suzanne

Lyn S said...

So pretty Christine! Love the layout and colours!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company