Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Mojo Sketch and a Strawberry Hello



Hello everyone and Happy Sunday :) I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I have two projects to share with you today. For my first card, I decided to ink up this beautiful fairy, Mini Kyra and this awesome castle scene, Cliff Dweller as my main images. I colored them both with copics and sponged Versamagic Aegean Blue ink around the images for a night sky look. I added Candle Light Shimmerz to the moon, stickles to the Krya's wings, Silver Shaped Geo Sparklers to the center of the flowers, a crystal rhinestone to the center of the flower in Kyra's hair, and stars (from Michael's). Whew, that's a lot of embellies! :):):) I used my circle and scalloped circle nesties to cut Kyra out.

I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch for my layout. All cardstock is PTI (White and Shimmer Night Sky). I sponged around all pieces of white cardstock with my Versamagic Aegean Blue ink. The sentiment is also from Susana's store and can be found HERE. For a finishing touch, I added three navy pearls to the side. What do you think?



For my second card today, I wanted to do a cute little note card for a friend, so I decided to ink up this cute strawberry from Polkadot Pie. I inked the image with Memento black ink, colored it with copics, and cut it out. My cardstock is by SU (Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose) and my design paper is from DCWV's Sweet Stack. I used my scalloped circle nesties to cut out the circle and adhered the strawberry with dimensionals. What do you think?

I'd love to hear what you think of my cards. Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll be back here tomorrow with another project.

Hugs, Christine :)

15 comments:

Cardmaking Galore said...

These are stunning - love the stamped images of the 1st card

Danni said...

More cute creations!! Love the first one and the second is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love them both!! The strawberry looks good enough to eat!!

Brandi said...

Lovely cards! I love the way you layered your fairy above the castle.

Smiles,

Brandi

Annie said...

love the card you made with fairy Kyra and that strawberry looks delicious! hugs, annie x

Unknown said...

very cute cards! love all the layers!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Both cards are beautiful. I love the fairy.

Ann said...

Love your strawberry card--so yummy!

stampingtink said...

Oh, how sweet is she sitting on the sweet moon? Love the coloring and all the details on her. The stars rock! And that strawberry looks good enough to eat! Yum!

Virginia Killmore said...

ammmmmazing!

Kathi said...

Argh. Now I want chocolate covered strawberries and can't have either. Blasted South Beach diet!

Both cards are wonderful. That fairy is so ethereal. Great work as always.

fishlips said...

Both are these cards are just Fantastic and the strawberry lookes just yummy...I;ve missed looking at all your outstanding creations each and everyone always just amazes me soo!!!!!

Lyn S said...

They're both gorgeous cards Christine!

Justine said...

Yummy, love the simplicity of this cute card

Secret Dreams And Passions said...

Great strawberry card, it's so life like... pretty colors!! I really like your card.
Denise from OHio
Phil4:13

http://dstoner316.blogspot.com

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company